What I Wore: EPM 80's Summit III At Mall of Asia's SMX

The corporate event that I attended was a success! Almost everyone put their best 80's foot forward. Even though 'some' were confused mixing the 80's fashion with other eras, still... I think everyone looked good.


Last Saturday was very nostalgic. The program was jump-started by the no one else, "Ghostbusters"! Three grown caucasian men, all wearing the Ghostbusters costume with gadgets and all. It was like watching the telly back in those days. I actually had goosebumps!

Also, a dance contest was held. There were groups who danced in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' complete with Props and the dancers in their ghastly costumes while others danced in Kenny Loggins' 'Foot Loose'. It was like 'That's Entertainment' all over again.
Now, let's go down to business and what made this event even more real... the dress-up part. This is what I wore...



From my previous post, 'What To Wear In An 80's Themed Event', I had four choices and obviously I picked the second outfit. I know it's not the exact dress, shoes and belt but it's the closest I could get :) I just made sure I got the same color scheme going and just played with my accessories.



---------------------------------------------
Left: Top. The assymetrical top that I wore was from Market! Market! located on the 2nd level Fashion Market and costs P250, Belt. Bought from an ukay store near Recto - P150, Mini. This is actually a tube top turned into a mini, also from an ukay store in Recto - P50, Bangles. I bought these a long time ago along the streets of Recto - P25 each, Pumps. I scored these beautiful authentic Zara stilettos from eBay for only P799, Cut-off Gloves. Bought from a stall in Market! Market! - P120, Bag (Not pictured). Again, from an ukay in Recto - P175, Earrings (Not Seen). Market! Market! department store - P49.
Right. Dress. Versace, Belt. Tisserand Belt, an 80's black reptile wide belt (Adorevintage.com), Bag. Satin Clutch (vivre.com), Shoes. Delicacy by Guess High Heel Gladiator Buckles (lovemyshoes.com).
-----------------------------------------------

Emerson Process Management, Power & Water Solutions
Me, Lui & Mags

Comments

Popular Posts