Crazy For Milk Tea

Milk Tea is the latest craze and there are so many stores sprouting like mushrooms all over the metro. I have yet to try other stores to see which one really is the best tasting milk tea. So far, the latest I came across was Gong Cha in Mega Mall Atrium. Their milk tea is flavorful and most milk teas from their selections that I have tried so far are a thumbs up.

My rating for milk teas I have tried:

Gong Cha Milk Tea with Pearl 
Costs about 90 bucks. It has that bitter caffeine taste that I'm always looking for so. Also, you can choose the sugar level (100% is the normal sugar level) of your drink and you may opt to add more extras like pearl, coco jelly, or their must try signature add-on 'Gong Cha Milk Cream'. Another refreshing milk tea flavor is 'Honey Dew'. Overall, it's worth every buck. During my first visit, the store crew said that their best-seller is the "Winter Melon Tea". I think what I previously tried was the "Winter Melon Milk Tea" that's why I wasn't able to tell much difference between just milk tea and the winter melon kind.
Apparently, Gong Cha and many other bubble milk tea stores originated from Taiwan. It's must be like a milk tea heaven there! Gong Cha is also located in Singapore, HK and the Philippines. I think some of the teas sold depend on the country it's located.
 
Serenitea's Okinawa Milk Tea
The black tea was a little overpowering for my taste. The store I visited was at Robinson's Galleria in Ortigas. The line was pretty long when I got there and the store was so small. What I love though, is there fancy queue coasters with lights blinking when it's your turn to claim your order. They also have snacks to pair with your tea of choice.
 
For now, I'll give it this rating until I try another one of their milk tea.
 
Chowking's Nai Cha
It used to be so darn strong which I love but it taste different now

Starbucks' Hojicha
I'm not a fan. The taste is pretty mediocre. They can do better I think.

Milky Way Tea
It's a hit or miss with their many selection of teas. An in my eaxperience, I always missed!
It costs around 90 pesos to a little over a 100.

Comments

Popular Posts